Betting operator Tipico is based in St.Julian’s in Malta but has an international presence with further bases in Germany, Gibraltar, Croatia, Colombia and Austria.
It’s a company which was founded in 2004 and the current CEO is Joachim Baca. Baca said of his appointment: “Tipico is a remarkable success story – it has transformed itself to the German market leader within a decade of its foundation. I am greatly looking forward to working with the Tipico team and its owners to enhance the company’s existing successes and lead the company through its next chapter of growth.”
In April 2016 the acquisition of Tipico by private equity firm CVC Capital was confirmed.
Tipico also operates in the Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and Italy. It has a big presence in Germany with over 750 outlets there, and a further 250 elsewhere.
Tipico’s brand was significantly raised by the signing up of footballing and goalkeeping legend Oliver Kahn. The tagline ‘Your bet in safe hands’ ran with the campaign. Tipico has also sponsored teams in the form of SV Werder Bremen, Hamburger SV, TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, Freiburg and RP Leipzig.
In the 2014/15 season it also announced a major sponsorship agreement when it was decided that the firm would become the Austrian Bundesliga title sponsors for the next three seasons. Perhaps most notably Tipico is currently the official betting partner of Bayern Munich.
Tipico does not have a UKGC licence so customers are unable to wager on the site.
Tipico: What we like
- Friendly, competent and quick support team.
- Secure and fast payment transactions with various payment options offered.
- Full coverage of European football and other sports in demand by bettors.
Tipico: What we don’t like
- Restrictive in regard to selection of currency with only Euro available.
- Personal identity verification may last longer than usual.
- High margin level and insufficient odds..
The website isn’t particularly flashy, but it is well designed and easy to navigate around. A red, grey, white and black theme is utilised, and the standard bookmaker layout is adopted – a list of sports down the left hand side of the page, live matches, top events and last minute bets in the centre and the bet slip on the right hand side. Customers can narrow down the sports and markets by using a sliding time bar, and there is also a search function which can be found at the top left of the screen, allowing punters to quickly access their desired bet.
By each fixture, there are four useful icons which show what percentage of bettors have chosen; each outcome in the game, the statistics, whether the match is on TV and whether there is live betting. When selecting the statistics section, customers are greeted with a pop up, providing detailed statistics on a wide variety of sports (powered by Betradar).
The mobile app automatically loads when customers visit Tipico from their handheld device. If someone tries to access the mobile site from a restricted country, they are unable to even browse around. An identical colour scheme is used and the functionality is much the same.
When it comes to betting odds, Tipico is more on the average side. However, especially for German bettors, it is one of the best alternatives because they do not charge their customers the 5% tax fee like many of their competitors. This can easily compensate for the slightly lower odds.
Before you place your bets you should also check our Odds Comparison Page, where we provide an overview of the best odds for different events through different sportsbooks. Here you can easily find the most profitable sportsbook to place your bets. Give it a try and see how easy it can be to increase and maximize your winning by just picking the best site to place your bets.
Tipico offers live betting on a number of sports and you’re even given the (rather cheesy) option of turning on ‘live supporter sounds’ for that extra bit of excitement!
The live betting set up on the site could be made more appealing and fun, it needs to be simplified as currently users are a bit overwhelmed with stats and numbers. Sadly it doesn’t offer live streams which would add a lot to this operator’s inplay product.
When it comes down to the betting option, Tipico is at east as it gets. In most cases, you can choose between the following:
- 3-way – this is the 1X2 variant, which means that you can choose which team will win or is it going to be a draw. For example, if you place a bet on 1, you predict that the home team will win.
- Over/Under Points in Match – mostly used in the football section, this is where you can predict how many goals are there going to be scored. The odds, in this case, are pretty good, so many people try their luck.
- Both Teams to Score – as the name suggests, both teams have to score a goal or a point.
- Doble Chance – if you go with this option, you predict that either a team will win or it will be a draw. Alternatively, you can also choose that either team will win, which means there won’t be a draw.
- Which team will score first? – you can choose the team that scores the goal/point first
- Draw no bet – a very cool option that allows you to choose which team will win. However, if the game ends a draw, the money for your bet will be returned to you.
- Handicap – one of the teams in the current match starts with a certain “lead.” In the end, this lead is added to the final score. This is a popular way to make some series of cash, especially in football.
- Who wins the half? – you can choose which team will win the first or second half.
- Halftime/Fulltime – this option allows you to predict how will the game end during the halftime and then, during full-time.
The success of its sports betting website has allowed Tipico to expand its enterprise and include the thrill of a live casino in an online environment. The casino section allows you to try your hand at the all the classics including slots machines, blackjack, roulette, and video poker. The casino also offers scratch cards and keno.
Poker is not a part of Tipico’s standard offerings but you can play video poker in the Casino as well as Three Card Poker in the Live Casino. Among the video poker games you’ll find All American, Deuces Wild, and even Joker Wild for the die-hards.
Tipico Promos Detailed promos for esport bets
As well as the first deposit bonus, customers can also select a deposit bonus when making subsequent deposits into their account. Again, the minimum deposit needs to be €10, and the maximum bonus on offer is €100. This is a good offer for returning customers, and helps to compensate for some of the more irritating aspects of using Tipico to place esports bets. Minimum odds of 1.5 are required on a betting slip before it can qualify as a conversion for a payout.
Tipico Bonus Conditions
- Welcome bonus of 100 per cent on a customer’s initial deposit at the site.
- This bonus can be up to a maximum of €100, and odds of qualifying bets need to be at least 2.0 for a pay out to take place.
- A deposit bonus also exists for returning customers, consisting of matching the deposit up to a maximum of €100.
- The minimum deposit for the continuing customer deposit bonus is €10.
- For a pay-out to be considered on the deposit bonus, odds of at least 1.5 have to be given on the related bet or bets.
- Seasonal and event specific bonuses become available at frequent intervals. Although none are currently available on esports bets at the time of writing, this may change in future if esports growth statistics continue to show an expansion in the betting market.
- You cannot place a CS:GO bet If CS:GO betting is your thing, look elsewhere for a bonus.
Tipico Casino Welcome Bonus
After you set up your account and you’re ready to start playing, it’s time to claim the Tipico casino welcome bonus. Every new bettor who decides to sign up here will be given a 100% deposit bonus plus 100 free spins. The maximum bonus amount that you can receive is 200 EUR, which is a pretty decent amount of money to play with.
In addition to creating an account, Tipico’s newest customers also have to make a deposit of at least 10 EUR. If you’ve opted in for this promo, you will automatically receive what we’ve mentioned above. There is no need to use a bonus code here, so just follow the instructions.
Before we move on with our review, here are some crucial things to remember here:
- You can use your free spins on Starburst, Pyramid, TwinSpin deluxe, and Aloha. Also, you only have sevendays to do that, so don’t forget it because they will expire.
- Both the welcome bonus and the winnings from the free spins need to be wagered at least 35 times. Unless you comply with that rule, you won’t be able to withdrawal your winnings.
- Don’t forget that you can only claim this promo if you haven’t registered before. Do not attempt to create new accounts just for the bonus because it’s not allowed.
How to Open an Account with Tipico
The following step-by-step guide will show you how to easily set up your account within a few minutes and benefit from great Deposit Bonus.
Step 1 – Start Registration Process
Please make sure to use our sign-up link to start the free registration process. You will then be redirected to their homepage, where you just need to click the ‘Login’ button in the top right corner.
Step 2 – Enter Your Personal Details
On the following screen, you need to add your personal details like your country of residence, address, phone number, currency, etc.
Step 3 – Make Your First Deposit and Enjoy Your Bonus
Once your account is created you can start to deposit your money into your new account. Simply choose your preferred payment method, your currency, and follow the instructions on the screen to finish the deposit process.
Methods of Payment Eligible for the Tipico Promo Code
There are five methods of deposit and four withdrawal methods. Tipico credits winnings to the account that was used to make the initial deposit. The methods accepted for deposits include Paysafecard, Skrill, Neteller, Fast Bank Transfer, and Tipico Pay. Tipico Pay requires an app to be downloaded. When paying in, the money is credited to your Tipico account immediately and there are no fees to use this method for deposit. There is a minimum deposit amount required through Tipico Pay and all other methods except Fast Bank Transfer.
Skrill, Neteller, bank transfer, and Paysafecard can be used for withdrawals. However, a withdrawal method can only be used if it was used to make a deposit within the past 12 months. There may also be fees involved. After the first three payouts of the calendar year, there will be a 5 fee when using any withdrawal method. All funds are transferred to accounts manually by a Tipico employee, so there are no automatic funds transfers.
Customer Service Limited options with variable live chat facility
Our review highlights that customer service options at Tipico are quite limited. There is no phone line, and while the site claims that a live chat function is available, the times at which it is online are unclear. It is certainly not 24/7, as it is with many of Tipico’s rivals in the esports bet market. In order to contact customer services, your best bet is email. There is a contact form on the site. To access customer support, scroll to the bottom of the page to the ‘contact us’ link. You’ll also see options displayed on the right-hand side of the screen. Things look brighter for this operator when it comes to FAQs.
While maybe not the most attractively designed FAQ page, it certainly does the job when it comes to providing answers to common queries, from a problem with your esports bet to an issue with cashing out. Another thing working in Tipico’s favour is that, according to the FAQs, it is open to requests to add more markets to its current offering. Of course, there are no guarantees, but all you esports fans out there can at least ask for your favourite leagues and events to be included. Who knows? Maybe the folks at Tipico will agree!